5 Benefits of Myofascial Release Therapy
Botti Chiropractic & Wellness | Oak Lawn IL, Chicago IL, Mt Greenwood IL
Migraines, back pain, or other types of muscle issues can impact your daily life. While there are many medical treatments available to heal muscular pains, not all of them offer the right solution. That’s one reason why alternative therapies have started becoming more popular. Of these, chiropractic care has gained a lot of attention in Oak Lawn, IL in the last few years.
Chiropractic therapy by Dr. Valentino Botti of Botti Chiropractic & Wellness is a supplemental technique that revolves around healing, without the use of drugs, which are usually used in conventional medical methods. Based on the type of problems, there are different types of chiropractic therapy. Cognitive therapy, lifestyle counseling therapy, diet and nutritional counseling, physical therapy modalities are a few to name.
One type of chiropractic therapy, called Myofascial release, is proving to be revolutionary for those suffering from fibromyalgia, muscle and joint pain, and even Carpal tunnel syndrome. If you’ve been trying to circle out the benefits and determine if this could be the right kind of therapy for you, here’s what you need to know.
What is Myofascial Release Therapy?
The term myofascial can be split up as “myo” meaning “muscles”, and “fascial” meaning “connecting tissue between the muscles”. Hence, Myofascial release is a specialized massage technique that releases the stress built-up in the fascia, that causes various chronic ailments such as muscle spasms, pelvic pain, menstrual discomfort, congenital vertebral abnormalities, neurological dysfunction, headaches, chronic fatigue, etc:. In this, manual techniques are used to apply light but consistent pressure on the fascia.
Benefits of Myofascial Release Therapy
- Alleviates Chronic Low Back Pain: Lower back pain is a common ailment caused due to lumbar dysfunction. Myofascial release therapy alleviates pain and allows a patient to be more active and functional.
- Helps Treat Fibromyalgia: Fibromyalgia causes joint rigidity, generalized pain, sleep alterations, intense fatigue, depression, anxiety, spastic colon, and constant headaches. Where regular medical practices do not provide enough support, studies have proven MFR can help reduce the pain and enhance the quality of life in patients suffering from this rheumatic condition.
- Useful for Athletes: Myofascial therapy can help athletes enhance their performance and treat sports injuries. It can help in relieving pain and discomfort caused by repetitive strain injuries, muscular imbalance, and pelvic misalignment.
- Provides Relief from Postmenopausal Problems: Women in their last stage of menopause suffer from a variety of disorders, such as muscle and joint pain, due to insufficient flow of blood in the veins. MFR helps in improving blood circulation. Used in combination with kinesiotherapy, myofascial therapy helps in relieving pain and improves the quality of life.
- Strengthens the Immune System: Another benefit of myofascial therapy is that it helps in strengthening the immune system. As it relies on the lymphatic system, circulating the flow of lymph can help in improving the immunity of the body and its ability to fight against infections. Myofascial release therapy can help boost the circulation, and, therefore, strengthen the immune system.
Schedule a Consultation at Botti Chiropractic & Wellness Today!
With these benefits, myofascial release therapy can boost overall wellness and help provide relief from chronic disorders. If you would like to use MFR for treating your ailments, schedule a consultation today with Dr. Botti.