Benefits of Massage Therapy
Botti Chiropractic & Wellness | Benefits of Massage Therapy
Had a long week at work? Are your muscles sore after a long workout? Many patients come to our chiropractic office in Oak Lawn complaining about different physical conditions. While chiropractic treatments help in easing the muscles, massage therapy can truly work wonders.
Whether you’ve got a backache due to long sitting hours or have sprained your ankle at a game of basketball, Dr. Valentino Botti at Botti Chiropractic & Wellness can help you find the relief you deserve. Massage therapy involves the manipulation of soft tissues like tendons, muscles, and ligaments. It helps regulate the blood circulation in the body and relax the tissues. An experienced massage therapist or masseur will massage the tensed areas of your body by applying moderate, deep or light rhythmic hand movements. When you undergo a massage, it helps improve blood circulation, transporting nutrients and oxygen throughout the body, which further boosts muscular function.
Talking about the benefits, massages can do more than just relieving pain. Let’s look at the following benefits of massage therapy.
Benefits of Massage Therapy
- Alleviates Stress: With effective massage therapy, you can feel lighter in the head and stress-free. As massaging techniques help in circulating blood in the body, they help in infusing the body with a fresh lease of energy. It also helps in reducing fatigue and regularizes sleep patterns
- Strengthens the Immunity: Massages stimulate the lymph nodes and plays an important role in strengthening the body’s ability to fight against disease-causing pathogens. Overall, it enhances the immune system in the body.
- Accelerates the Rate of Recovery: If you are having post-injury swelling or want to recover quickly from surgery, the combination of massage therapy with a chiropractic adjustment can help to a great extent. Together, they can ease the muscles, improve functionality, and aid in quick healing.
- Lowers Blood Pressure: Many patients have seen improvement in their blood pressure by using massage therapy. With regular sessions, massage therapy can help reduce both diastolic and systolic blood pressure. Also, a good massage session can help reduce cortisol levels in the body, which can help in tackling issues like anxiety and depression. If you are suffering from high blood pressure, massage therapy can help maintain the optimal levels and keep you from being vulnerable to other health issues like a stroke, kidney failure, or heart attack.
- Increases the Range of Motion: As mentioned earlier, massages help in loosening the muscles and relaxing them. Additionally, it helps in increasing the range of motion and enhances the overall movement of the muscles and ligaments. If you require assistance to move around freely, massage therapy can be your savior!
Schedule a Consultation at Botti Chiropractic & Wellness Today!
To reap the benefits of massage therapy, get in touch with Botti Chiropractic & Wellness. Here, you will find some of the best chiropractic care and massage therapy treatments to alleviate pain, stress and relax those tensed muscles. Schedule an appointment with Dr. Botti today!