Custom Orthotics Oak Lawn IL
Botti Chiropractic & Wellness | Custom Orthotics in Oak Lawn, IL
Foot and back pain are common conditions that affect many people these days. Pain in these parts of the body can be a severe problem that may hinder your day-to-day activities. At our Oak Lawn chiropractic office, Botti Chiropractic & Wellness, many patients come to us complaining of foot and back pain due to conditions like hammertoes, bunions, neuroma, plantar fasciitis, spina bifida, cerebral palsy or spinal injury. Our team, under the guidance of Dr. Valentino Botti, can help local Oak Lawn patients by performing a thorough examination, taking note of the cause of the pain while devising a well-managed treatment plan. It is during this process that many patients inquire about the need for an orthotic.
In our experience, many patients are often confused about custom orthotics and its treatment. Mostly, orthotics are recommended if the tendons, ligaments, bones, joints or muscles are in the wrong functional position, causing pain and fatigue. Before you opt for an orthotic, it is important to know what the treatment is all about, the types, and the procedure.
What are Custom Orthotics?
Orthotics is a special medical field that revolves around the application and design of orthoses. In this practice, a device is externally applied to support or modify functional and structural characteristics of the skeletal and neuromuscular system.
Those who suffer from foot pain mostly use a foot pad, heel insert, or spinal orthoses to ease their condition. When a patient visits us, we offer them custom orthotic devices based on their problems and physical state. A custom-molded shoe insert or back brace is individually designed for every patient who needs it.
Benefits of Custom Orthotics
- Helps immobilizes a joint to promote healing and offer additional support
- Restricts incorrect movement
- Reduces weight bearing forces
- Aids healing from fractures or muscle tear after the removal of a cast
- Corrects the function or structure of the body so that discomfort and pain can be further reduced
- Aligns and supports the ankle or foot
- Prevents, corrects and accommodates foot deformities
- Improving the function of ankle, back or foot
Conditions Treated with Orthotics
How do you determine if orthotics are suitable for you or not? Below, you can learn a bit more behind different conditions that can be treated through the use of custom orthotics.
- Backache: Arches that roll inward or the lack of cushioning can result in backache and cause pain. With the help of back bracing, we aim at providing relief to the patients who suffer from chronic back problems.
- Arthritis: Osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis cause discomfort and pain in the joints. Custom orthotics help in providing support and pain relief.
- Bunions: Painful bumps in the base of the toes or feet are common conditions that are patients suffer from. We design custom orthotics with a wide toe box that can help reduce the pressure on the toe and ease out the pain.
- Diabetes: At our Oak Lawn chiropractic office, we offer custom orthotics for even our diabetic patients. Someone who is suffering from diabetes can easily lose sensation in the feet. This is also known as diabetic neuropathy. Orthotics can ease the condition by reducing pressure and stress on the feet caused by ulcers.
- Flat feet: Flat feet are quite common in both young adults and children. It causes pain in the ankle, foot, and back. With orthotics, we help our patients achieve a proper foot position while reducing the discomfort.
- Plantar fasciitis: Heel pain or Plantar fasciitis is quite common these days. Orthotics help in reducing the pain by providing support to the heel and the foot.
- Bursitis: Fluid-filled sacs in the toes and heels can cause inflammation, causing discomfort and pain due to bursitis. Orthotic devices with arch and heel support can reduce discomfort.
- High arches: High arches in the feet can cause stress in the muscles. It causes issues like knee pain, shin splints, and plantar fasciitis. We aim to reduce the tendency of the inward rolling of muscles by using custom orthotics.
- Heel spurs: When an extra bone grows at the back of the heel or the bottom, it can be treated and the inflammation can be reduced with the help of orthotics.
- Injuries: Some foot or heel injuries can sometimes cause discomfort and pain, which can be effectively reduced and managed with custom orthotics by our experienced team of chiropractors in Oak Lawn, IL.
For custom orthotics, our chiropractor will do a thorough health history check, which includes an evaluation of the medical condition and previous diagnosis, if any. Based on the diagnosis and evaluation, we determine the best material and type of device required. Once everything is determined, the mold is set and used to create the orthotics.
Schedule an Appointment with Botti Chiropractic & Wellness
If you have any questions regarding custom orthotics and treatment, feel free to contact us today! At Botti Chiropractic & Wellness, we make sure that our patients get the best care – even before entering our office. Schedule an appointment with us and begin your treatment today. You can book an appointment online!