Why Should You Visit A Chiropractor After A Car Accident?
Botti Chiropractic & Wellness | Visit a Chiropractic After a Car Accident
After experiencing a car accident, it is imperative for one to receive medical attention. Under such circumstances, visiting a chiropractor does not usually come to mind. However, if one has sustained whiplash or other injuries affecting your neck or back, seeing a chiropractor would perhaps be the best idea. Visiting an expert chiropractor such as Dr. Valentino Botti would not only help heal the injuries but would also help prevent any complications from developing in the future. Here are some of the benefits of chiropractic care after a car accident.
- Treatment of invisible injuries – After a car accident, the symptoms of whiplash such as a headache, nausea, soreness, dizziness, or pain in the neck or upper back may take hours to show up. Therefore it would be worthwhile to see an expert chiropractor as early as possible so that long-term pain may be avoided.
- Reduction in inflammation – Common car accident injuries include micro-tears in the ligaments as well as in the muscles. Such injuries, sadly, do not get diagnosed by an X-Ray. In this situation, spinal manipulations carried out by a chiropractor will realign the spinal column. This is likely to help the body release an anti-inflammatory substance that lowers pain and inflammation in the body.
- Restoration of Range of Motion – Suffering from a neck or back injury from a car accident will likely lead to the development of inflammation. Inflammation is known to slow down the healing process as it prevents blood and nutrients from reaching the areas where they need to go. Undergoing an adjustment at the hands of an expert chiropractor will help mobilize the spine and restore the body’s proper range of motion. Also, it will help the body begin the healing process at a faster rate.
- Scar tissue reduction – Scar tissue in one’s muscles after a car accident results in stiffness and discomfort. A chiropractor will employ specific techniques that target the damaged areas. This will lead to faster breakup of the scar tissue instead of letting it heal on its own. Reduced scar tissue will help you feel better and heal at a faster rate.
- Drug-free – After a car accident, the medications prescribed by a doctor to relieve the patient of pain can be highly addictive. It is common to take painkillers for as long as one needs to in order to alleviate pain; however, people do not realize that they can become dependent on or addicted to these medications. Here, chiropractic care emerges as a great savior because it never makes use of drugs to provide relief from pain. A good chiropractor will provide treatment that addresses the root cause of the injury. This will ensure that the actual injury is healed, and the pain is not just masked by the effects of the medication.
Schedule a Consultation with Botti Chiropractic & Wellness
With so many benefits associated with visiting a chiropractor after a car accident, it is recommended to visit a seasoned chiropractor if you find yourself in need of pain relief. Dr. Valentino Botti of Botti Chiropractic & Wellness is the most experienced Oak Lawn chiropractor and ought to be consulted, should anyone come face to face with such an unfortunate incident. Contact Botti Chiropractic & Wellness today!